- Also Known As: Boneless Top Chuck Steak; Book Steak; Butler Steak; Flat Iron Steak; Flatiron; Flatiron Steak; Lifter Steak ; Petite Steak; Shoulder Top Blade Steak; Shoulder Top Blade Steak, Boneless; Shoulder Top Blade Steak, Boneless, Flat Iron; Top Blade Steak; Top Blade Steak, BonelessExtremely tender, well-marbled and flavorful and great for grilling. Cut from the Top Blade.
Recipe/photo/information courtesy of Beef. It's What's For Dinner.www.BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com
Flat Iron Steak / lbs
- Grilling is one of the most exciting ways to enjoy beef. Whether cooking on a gas or charcoal grill, in the backyard or at a tailgate, this cooking method provides maximum flavor and optimal tenderness.
- With Skillet Cooking, you’ll have an affordable, mouth-watering meal on the table the whole family will enjoy in just a matter of minutes.
- This is primarily a preparation technique for recipes that call for browned Ground Beef. But can also apply to cuts you might thinly slice before cooking — think Flank Steaks. Once the beef is cooked, it can go into a variety of recipes.
- Skip the takeout and make a simple stir-fry meal at home. Stir-fry your beef strips then add your favorite vegetables, sauce and other ingredients, and you’ll have a delicious one-dish meal on the table in minutes. It's just as fast (and fresher) to cook this simple one-pot meal at home. Stir-frying is best done with bite-sized pieces of food and lots of added flavors from aromatics (garlic, ginger, scallion) and Asian condiments (soy, hoisin, chili paste, etc.).
- Broiling is similar to grilling in that it uses direct dry heat—only the heat comes from above instead of below. You’ll have the best results with cuts that are relatively flat and of even thickness.With just a pinch of seasoning and one strong heat element in your oven, broiling is the sure-fire way to impress your family with a delicious meal in just a matter of minutes.
- SOUS VIDE
Courtesy of BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com